- Philosophy of Social Sciences Journal
- Who Can Submit? SSJ publishes manuscripts from current and former undergraduate WCSU Social Sciences students who are the principal investigators for research conducted under the auspices of the WCSU Department of Social Sciences. The sophistication of the hypotheses, complexity of design, level of statistical analysis, and theoretical underpinning should be appropriate for undergraduates with moderate to advanced classroom statistical and methodological experience.
- General Submission Rules Manuscripts submitted for publication in the SSJ should conform to the following:
- Formatting Requirements Submissions should be formatted adhering to the 15th edition of the Chicago Manual of Style or the 5th edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association. Most questions about formatting an article submission can be found in these manuals.
- Manuscript Submission Manuscripts should be submitted to: Dr. R. Averell Manes C/O The Social Sciences Journal Department of Social Sciences Western Connecticut State University 181 White Street Danbury, CT 06810
- Rights for Authors Authors who publish in the Social Sciences Journal retain copyright over their articles. The Journal publishes them under a non-exclusive license, which you must agree to upon submission of an article.
1. Report original research not published elsewhere.
2. Adhere to the Chicago Manual of Style, (15th edition; Chicago: Univ. of Chicago Press, 2003) or the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (5th edition).
3. Must abide by the ethical standards of the American Anthropological Association, American Economic Association, American Political Science Association, and/or American Sociological Association, and meet the requirements of the WCSU Institutional Review Board.
4. Include name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number for the author(s).
Submissions will be accepted through 30 September of each academic year, but those received by May 31 will be given priority.
Readers who seek to republish or to use portions of a work beyond the scope of fair use, must contact the author(s) directly.
Philosophy of Social Sciences Journal
For more information, please see Social Sciences Journal Aims and Scope page.
It is understood that the current state of technology of Adobe's Portable Document Format (PDF) is such that there are no, and can be no, guarantees that documents in PDF will work perfectly with all possible hardware and software configurations that readers may have.
General Terms and Conditions of Use
Users of the WestCollections: digitalcommons@wcsu website and/or software agree not to misuse the WestCollections: digitalcommons@wcsu service or software in any way.
The failure of WestCollections: digitalcommons@wcsu to exercise or enforce any right or provision in the policies or the Submission Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term of the Submission Agreement or these policies is found to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Submission Agreement and these policies remain in full force and effect. These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between WestCollections: digitalcommons@wcsu and the Author(s) regarding submission of the Article.